Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Sharp Shinned Hawk? or Coopers Hawk?




We finally purchase bird food again, and I have been watching the activity each morning as Josh wakes up and does his morning routine. This morning I was reading to him and I saw a brown blur drop from the dogwood tree above the feeder. I grabbed the camera and saw this hawk, who had pinned one of the smaller birds to the the ground. Moment later he flew off with his prey, toward the island. My guess would be he or she is a Sharp Shinned Hawk? But I understand it may be impossible from this photo to determine if he/she may have been a Coopers Hawk. Any educated guesses?

This photo was taken today, December 19, 2006 at 8:57 am. It is now 10:30 am as I post this and 42 degrees out, and sunny!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home