Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Breakfast for the Red Tailed Hawk


There was a Red Tailed Hawk in a tree one this side of the creek, right on the edge of the lawn. I ran to get my camera, but he/she must have spied me, for when I raised my camera it flew off. So Josh was waking up, I changed his morning diaper. I told Joe that there was a Red Tailed Hawk, and he asked if he got anything at our feeder. I said no, he flew to the island. Joe ran down to the laundry room, and I looked out the window again.... well it does appear that the Red Tailed Hawk fed at our feeder. I believe he/she got either a Junco, Titmouse, or maybe a Mourning dove. The last bird I saw there was a titmouse though.

Other news is that the chipmunks are out of hybernation. I saw the first one a few days ago. They actually live in part of our house. The stone wall between our living room and dining room. I have heard them from time to time over the winter chittering abve the main door we go in and out. They enter and exit by our office/dining room window.

The tempature this morning is 59 degrees and it is sunny. This will certainly help our oil bill if this keeps up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home